Welcome to ECEE
Welcome to the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering at the University of Colorado at Boulder. We are excited to announce our name change, which reflects our new research and teaching directions in the engineering of renewable and sustainable energy systems. This name represents our dedication and response to the world's changing energy needs. ECEE faculty and students are turning ideas into reality. We encourage you to investigate the ECEE energy curriculum, our research in renewable energy including wind, solar, and energy storage, and the Colorado Power Electronics Center.
Check out ECEE's 2013-2014 Help Guide:
Read about Spark Boulder, a coworking space for student entrepreneurs recently launched by ECEE student Fletcher Richman:
For more information on CU, MIT breakthrough in photonics:
For information about our optics-related activities, please see:
For more information about our energy-related activities:
- Seminar titled "Infrared Limb Sounding: A Robust Technique for Earth Science and Heliophysics Missions" presented by Dr. Marty Mlynczak - Senior Research Scientist – Climate Science Branch - NASA Langley Research Center – Hampton, VA, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 4:00, LASP SPSC W120. Abstract
- Seminar titled "Multi-Fidelity Optimization with Ordinal Transformation and Optimal Sampling" presented by Dr. Chun-Hung Chen, Dept of Systems Engineering and Operations Research – George Mason University, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Industrial Engineering – National Taiwan University, Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 11:00, ECEE 1B32. Abstract
Announcements and News
- Congratulations to Prof. Jason Marden who received an NSF CAREER award! Prof. Marden received a grant of $400K for "CAREER: Game Theoretic Methods for Multiagent Coordination."
- Congratulations to Prof. Dejan Filipovic who received $699K from the Navy ONR for "High-power Subhyperband Antennas and Arrays."
- Congratulations to Prof. Eric Keller and Prof. Richard Han (CS) for receiving a $750K NSF four-year grant for "XPS: SDA: Elasticizing the Linux Operating System for the Cloud."
- Congratulations to Prof. Eric Keller (ECEE) who received a three-year, $500K NSF grant for "NeTS: Small: Liquid Networking."
- Congratulations to Chair Michael Lightner (ECEE) and Co-PI Sarel van Vuuren (ICS) for receiving a $1.1M award from the University of Colorado Denver with the Department of Education as the prime sponsor for "Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers on Cognitive Rehabilitation Program RERC."