Welcome to ECEE
Welcome to the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering at the University of Colorado at Boulder. We are excited to announce our name change, which reflects our new research and teaching directions in the engineering of renewable and sustainable energy systems. This name represents our dedication and response to the world's changing energy needs. ECEE faculty and students are turning ideas into reality. We encourage you to investigate the ECEE energy curriculum, our research in renewable energy including wind, solar, and energy storage, and the Colorado Power Electronics Center.
Check out ECEE's 2013-2014 Help Guide:
Read about Spark Boulder, a coworking space for student entrepreneurs recently launched by ECEE student Fletcher Richman:
For more information on CU, MIT breakthrough in photonics:
For information about our optics-related activities, please see:
For more information about our energy-related activities:
- Seminar titled "Plug’n’Play Operations of Microgrids: Objectives and Strategies" presented by Professor Florian Dörfler - Department of Electrical Engineering - University of California Los Angeles, Monday, March 10, 2014, 3:00 pm, ECEE 1B55. Abstract
- Seminar titled "Integrated Micro/Nanotechnology to Investigate Circulating Tumor Cells" presented by Dr. Hyeun Joong Yoon - Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Chemical Engineering Department, University of Michigan, Tuesday, March 11, 2014, 11:00, ECEE 1B32. Abstract
- Seminar titled "Overview of the Space Technology 5
Micro-Satellite Constellation Pathfinder Mission" presented by Prof. James A. Slavin - Atmospheric, Oceanic, and Space Sciences, University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Friday, March 14, 2014, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm, DLC Collaboratory. Abstract
- Seminar titled "Passive Microwave Remote Sensing: An Introduction to Research Work in HUST" presented by Dr. Ke Chen - Associate Professor, Department of Electronics and Information Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, Tuesday, April 15, 2014, 11:00, ECEE 1B32. Abstract
- Seminar titled "The Computational Photometer Multi-Channel Intelligent 3D Sensor Design" presented by Dr. Samuel Siewert - Assistant Professor, University of Alaska at Anchorage, Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:30 am, ECEE 1B55C. Abstract
Announcements and News
- Congratulations to Profs. Al Gasiewski and Garret Moddel for receiving a Dean's Fellowship for next year!
- Congratulations to Prof. Horst Rogalla who has been selected as the 2014 Distinguished Lecturer for the IEEE Council on Superconductivity!
- Congratulations to Prof. Kelvin Wagner and Dr. Daniel Feldkhun on their new patent, "Frequency Domain Sensing".
- Congratulations to Prof. Robert McLeod on a new patent entitled "Three-Dimensional Direct-Write Lithography".
- Congratulations to Profs. Francois Meyer and Peter Mathys who were recognized by ECEE's Jelena Notaros and the One Professor Project. To watch the video, click here.