Objectives: model characteristics of a DC motor, design a speed sensor cirucit
- DC motor characteristics
- Modeling based on experiments
- Design of pulse-generation circuits, first-order high-pass and and low-pass filters
- Performing design verification by circuit simulations and experiments
- Preparation of written laboratory reports
- Part A: Measuring DC motor characteristics and building an LTspice model.
- Part B: Designing, simulating and building a speed measurement sensor circuit
- Part B Pre-Lab Assignment
- Optional extra credit assignment: direction sensing
- Demo setup:
- supply the motor and the encoder for +10V; supply the speed sensor from +5V;
- show LTspice circuit on the screen;
- use 2 scope voltage probes: show encoder pulses and 555 timer output (PWM signal); display measurement of the PWM signal duty cycle
- Practice Quiz2
- Practice Quiz3 - Review lecture #4. Make sure you know how to solve RC circuits.