Welcome to ECEE
Welcome to the Department of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering at the University of Colorado at Boulder. We are excited to announce our name change, which reflects our new research and teaching directions in the engineering of renewable and sustainable energy systems. This name represents our dedication and response to the world's changing energy needs. ECEE faculty and students are turning ideas into reality. We encourage you to investigate the ECEE energy curriculum, our research in renewable energy including wind, solar, and energy storage, and the Colorado Power Electronics Center.
Check out ECEE's 2014-2015 Help Guide:
Read about Spark Boulder, a coworking space for student entrepreneurs recently launched by ECEE student Fletcher Richman:
For more information on CU, MIT breakthrough in photonics:
For information about our optics-related activities, please see:
For more information about our energy-related activities:
Announcements and News
- Congratulations to Profs. Carol Cogswell, Bob Cormack, and Mark Winey! They have just received an NSF grant for $650K for "A fluorescence microscope optical insert that creates video-rate 3D imaging capabilities using an innovative 'expanded point information content' design".
- Congratulations to Prof. Bob McLeod (ECEE) and Prof. Chris Bowman (ChemE). They have been awarded a patent for an advanced photolithography technique that allows for more precise fabrication of microdevices such as microchips, microfluidics and microelectromechanical systems (MEMS).
- Congratulations to Prof. Jason Marden who received an NSF CAREER award! Prof. Marden received a grant of $400K for "CAREER: Game Theoretic Methods for Multiagent Coordination."
- Congratulations to Prof. Dejan Filipovic who received $699K from the Navy ONR for "High-power Subhyperband Antennas and Arrays."
- Congratulations to Prof. Eric Keller and Prof. Richard Han (CS) for receiving a $750K NSF four-year grant for "XPS: SDA: Elasticizing the Linux Operating System for the Cloud."