- Seminar titled "The Computational Photometer Multi-Channel Intelligent 3D Sensor Design" presented by Dr. Samuel Siewert - Assistant Professor, University of Alaska at Anchorage, Friday, April 18, 2014, 10:30 am, ECEE 1B55C. Abstract
- Seminar titled "Infrared Limb Sounding: A Robust Technique for Earth Science and Heliophysics Missions" presented by Dr. Marty Mlynczak - Senior Research Scientist – Climate Science Branch - NASA Langley Research Center – Hampton, VA, Tuesday, April 22, 2014, 4:00, LASP SPSC W120. Abstract
- Seminar titled "Multi-Fidelity Optimization with Ordinal Transformation and Optimal Sampling" presented by Dr. Chun-Hung Chen, Dept of Systems Engineering and Operations Research – George Mason University, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, Institute of Industrial Engineering – National Taiwan University, Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 11:00, ECEE 1B32. Abstract
Announcements and News
- Congratulations to Prof. Jason Marden who received an NSF CAREER award! Prof. Marden received a grant of $400K for "CAREER: Game Theoretic Methods for Multiagent Coordination."
- Congratulations to Prof. Dejan Filipovic who received $699K from the Navy ONR for "High-power Subhyperband Antennas and Arrays."
- Congratulations to Prof. Eric Keller and Prof. Richard Han (CS) for receiving a $750K NSF four-year grant for "XPS: SDA: Elasticizing the Linux Operating System for the Cloud."
- Congratulations to Prof. Eric Keller (ECEE) who received a three-year, $500K NSF grant for "NeTS: Small: Liquid Networking."
- Congratulations to Chair Michael Lightner (ECEE) and Co-PI Sarel van Vuuren (ICS) for receiving a $1.1M award from the University of Colorado Denver with the Department of Education as the prime sponsor for "Rehabilitation Engineering Research Centers on Cognitive Rehabilitation Program RERC."