- What is a flatband diagram?
- Define the barrier height of a metal-semiconductor junction. Can the barrier height be negative? Explain.
- Define the built-in potential. Also provide an equation and state the implicit assumption(s).
- Name three possible reasons why a measured barrier height can differ from the value calculated using equations (3.2.1) or (3.2.2).
- How does the energy band diagram of a metal-semiconductor junction change under forward and reverse bias? How does the depletion layer width change with bias?
- What is the full depletion approximation? Why do we need the full depletion approximation?
- What mechanism(s) cause(s) current in a metal-semiconductor junction?