- What is the difference between a source and a drain of a MOSFET?
- What is the difference between an n-type and a p-type MOSFET?
- What is the difference between an enhancement and a depletion MOSFET?
- Which device has most positive threshold voltage a depletion mode p-type MOSFET or an enhancement mode p-type MOSFET?
- Which device has the highest drain current in saturation at zero gate voltage, a p-type enhancement MOSFET or an n-type depletion MOSFET?
- Why is the electron layer of an n-MOSFET called an inversion layer?
- Why is there no current in a MOSFET when the device is biased in accumulation?
- What is the difference between the linear and the quadratic MOSFET model?
- Does the body effect affect CMOS circuits? Explain.
- How does the oxide thickness and substrate doping affect the threshold voltage of a MOSFET. Plot the threshold voltage as a function of the oxide thickness for different doping densities.
- What is the advantage of a poly-silicon gate technology?
- What is channel length modulation?
- What is punchthrough?
- Explain the effect of scaling on the different MOSFET parameters as listed in Table 7.7.1