An introduction to signal processing circuits and systems
Announcements and Updates
- Office hours on Thursday 4/28 are cancelled because of the ECEE Expo. Office hours on Friday 4/29 are extended to 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
- The final exam will be held on Thursday May 5 at 4:30-7:00 pm. It is a closed-book exam. You are allowed to bring: (1) a handheld calculator, and (2) a single sheet (both sides) of your own handwritten notes. Tables of Laplace or Fourier transforms will be provided to the extent they are needed for the exam.
- HW12, due Saturday night 4/30 at 11:30 pm. Analysis of an op amp feedback circuit
- Lecture, Monday April 25: Feedback circuits. HW#12 covers the material of the 4/25 and 4/27 lectures.
- Lecture, Wednesday April 27: Feedback circuits, continued, Supplementary notes on feedback circuits.
- Study materials for final exam: Exams given by Prof. Erickson in previous semesters, some with solutions and some without.
- This website now contains reference materials from previous semesters, plus S16 materials beginning April 9.
- Lecture notes are linked to the Lecture schedule page, with the approximate lecture schedule for the remainder of the semester.
- Supplementary material, including additional sample problems with solutions and additional notes, are linked to the Supplementary notes page. This page also contains links to material organized by topic.
- Supplementary materials on Feedback systems
The course is an introduction to signal processing circuits and systems, including frequency domain analysis and second-order system response in the time and frequency domains. It also assists in the development of problem-solving abilities, including physical thinking, approximation techniques, and design-oriented analysis. Instructor, Spring 2016, beginning April 9: Prof. Robert Erickson
The required prerequisites for the course are: APPM 2360, Linear Algebra/Differential Equations, and ECEN 2250, Intro to Circuits and Electronics.