Engineering Applications in Medicine:
Design of Implantable Medical Devices
MWF 2-2:50 ECCR 151
Professor: Richard Mihran
Please check this page regularly throughout the semester – Last update: 4 March, 2014
· Welcome to ECEN 4011/5011. The links below will provide you with information such as supplementary course notes and homework assignments, as well as course policies and other administrative issues. I will also use this window throughout the semester to post announcements, so please bookmark this page and check it regularly.
· (3/4) The due date for HW 4 has been extended to Friday March 7th.
· (2/24) HW 4 has been posted and is due on Monday, March 3rd. Relevant reading: Ch. 10, TAH/LVAD notes, and Abiomed TAH patent (See Supplementary Notes page for links).
· (2/14) HW 3 solutions have been posted. Exam 1 will be given in class on Friday, Feb. 21, and will cover HW 1-3 and associated lectures and reading. The exam will be closed note/book, but a reference sheet with expressions, constants and unit conversions will be provided
· (2/5) HW 3 has been posted and is due on Friday, Feb. 14th.
· HW 2 has been posted and is due on Monday, Feb. 3rd. Solutions to HW 1 have also been posted.
· Current Reading (start of the semester): Intro and Overview: Ch.1, Ch 2: 11-17; Cell Membranes, origin of resting, action and receptor potentials: Cell Membranes, origin of resting, action and receptor potentials: Ch. 4 – 5 and supplementary notes #1; The Heart: Ch. 9
· Supplementary Notes #1 has been posted, which provides additional discussion on the origin of cell membrane excitability (rest and action potentials) that you may find helpful as you work on homework assignments 1 and 2.
Lecture, Homework, Exams