Analog IC Design ECEN 4827/5827 -- Fall 2017 Prof. Hanh-Phuc Le
Class: MWF, 3:00PM - 3:50PM, ECCS 1B14
Office hour: Mon,Wed 5PM-6PM @ ECOT 340
Homework Set 12: due 10:00AM Thursday 12/14
Objectives: Frequency response, stability and compensation
1. [30 pts] Problem D7: feedback circuits with a single-pole compensated op-amp
2. [40 pts] Problem S6: compensation of an op-amp in the class 0.35u CMOS process. Reference: problem S8 from HW set 6. Include your simulation file and your pdf file which must show work your and demonstrate all requested satisfactory specifications.
3. [30 pts] Problem S.6.zero: RHP zero cancellation
Homework Set 11: due 2:00PM Saturday 12/06
Objectives: Dominant pole compensation
1. [45 pts] Problem DP.Op-amp: Dominant pole Op-amp
2. [55 pts] Problem S.11 Wide-bandwidth amplifier design. Problem S.10 was in HW9. In addition to the pdf file, upload your LTspice files; extra-credit is available. To receive credit for Problem S11, make sure that subcircuit models (prefix X) are used for NMOS and PMOS devices in LTspice simulations.
Homework Set 10: due 11:59PM Tuesday 12/02
Objectives: Frequency response with ZVTC method
1. [15 pts] Problem B.4: ZVTC method.
2. [15 pts] Problem B.7: ZVTC method.
3. [15 pts] Problem B.7 NEET method.
3. [15 pts] Problem B.8 ZVTC method.
4. [20 pts] Problem B.8 NEET method..
6. [20 pts] Problem S10. Active-loaded CS amplifier: design and simulation;
in addition to the pdf file, upload your LTspice files.
To get credit for Problem S10, make sure that subcircuit models (prefix X)
are used for NMOS and PMOS devices in LTspice simulations.
Homework Set 9: due 11:59PM Saturday 11/20
Objectives: More review on the materials in the first half of the semester
Basic familiarity with Spice simulations is assumed. If you have not used LTspice before,
you are expected to look through LTspice documentation, on-line resources, or built-in Help to
figure out how to work with the schematic editor, simulation options, and the waveform viewer.