“Connecting/Running the Simulator Using Wind River Work Bench 3.2”
NOTE: This is an initial attempt at these instructions for the new work bench, please feel free to point out to any inconsistencies, inaccuracies, typos etc. [Sunku.Monish@colorado.edu]
1. In the WorkBench Application under the Remote Systems window, right click and from the menu which pop’s up click on “New Connection” which should open New Connection wizard.
2. In the wizard window, highlight the 'Wind River VxWorks 6.x Simulator Connection' and click Next.
3. In the 'VxWorks Boot parameters' wizard window, click on 'Custom simulator' option and 'Browse' to where you have built the kernel. If you haven't built one, use the already build simulator kernels provided by Wind River by selecting "Standard Simulator". You can play around with 'Advanced boot parameters' if you like.
4. In the 'VxSim Memory Options' wizard window, click Finish! As always, Wind River will do its magic and you will see a pop up window something similar to the one shown in Step 2 of “How to run System Viewer on a Simulator”.
5. Just for grins, type in help at the -> to see all that you can do on this and other target "shells". If you haven't guessed it by now, this is where you type in the moduleShow and lkup