Announcements, Updates, and Pertinent Material
- Final exam: the final exam will be available for download in D2L on Friday May 1. It will be due in the D2L dropbox at 7:00 am MDT on Wednesday May 6.
- Lecture 44: Solar inverters
- Lecture 43: Solar inverters
- Lecture 41: Introduction to inverters
- Lecture 40: Rectifier rms and loss calculations
- Lecture 39: Modeling the outer voltage loop
- Lecture 38: Systems containing PWM rectifiers
- HW#13: Simulink modeling of a complete rectifier/dc-dc system Updated 4/29 at 7:00 am MDT
Update 5/1/2015 RWE
Advanced modeling and control topics in power electronics, and power factor corrected supplies. Averaged switch modeling of converters, computer simulation using LTSpice and Matlab/Simulink, ac modeling of the discontinuous conduction mode, the current programmed mode, null double injection techniques in linear circuits, input filter design, harmonics in power systems, and low-harmonic rectifiers.
Prerequisite: ECEN 5797. ECEN 5807 is offered in alternate springs, including Spring 2015. Instructor: Prof. Bob Erickson. It is one of the three courses required for the Professional Certificate in Power Electronics.
The course is offered both to regular on-campus students and also to off-campus students via CAETE. All registered students can receive lectures via web-based streaming video through the Desire2Learn website. Further details of the course policies, including procedures for off-campus students, are listed on the Vitals page.