Announcements, Updates, and Pertinent Material
- Lecture 6 slides, Jan. 26, 2015 lecture
- Lecture 7 slides, Jan. 28, 2015 lecture
- Additional lecture 7 handwritten notes, SEPIC analysis via EET
- Additional handwritten notes on the correction factor
- Lecture 8 slides, Jan. 30 2015 lecture
- Homework assignment 2, due in D2L hw2 dropbox by 10:00 am MST on Friday Jan. 30.
- Homework assignment 3, due in D2L hw2 dropbox by 10:00 am MST on Friday Feb. 6.
Update 1/30/2015 RWE
Advanced modeling and control topics in power electronics, and power factor corrected supplies. Averaged switch modeling of converters, computer simulation using LTSpice and Matlab/Simulink, ac modeling of the discontinuous conduction mode, the current programmed mode, null double injection techniques in linear circuits, input filter design, harmonics in power systems, and low-harmonic rectifiers.
Prerequisite: ECEN 5797. ECEN 5807 is offered in alternate springs, including Spring 2015. Instructor: Prof. Bob Erickson. It is one of the three courses required for the Professional Certificate in Power Electronics.
The course is offered both to regular on-campus students and also to off-campus students via CAETE. All registered students can receive lectures via web-based streaming video through the Desire2Learn website. Further details of the course policies, including procedures for off-campus students, are listed on the Vitals page.