Accessing the course Reference Library
The ECEN 5837 reference library is available on magellan at: /usr/local/cadence/cadence/libraries/ams_5007_ref. To access this library, go to your library manager:
- Edit => Library path ...
- Library: ams_5007_ref
- Path: /usr/local/cadence/cadence/libraries/ams_5007_ref
- Save and exit the library path editor
- Files from the tutorials below and solutions to homework assignments will be added to the course library
Creating a Symbolic Link for the Sim Directory
This section describes how to create a symbolic link to a scratch directory for all the simulation files. These are quite large and will fill your disk quota if you do not move the simulation directory as described below.
- First go to scratch and create a directory, use your login name for the directory name. These commands will get you to scratch and help you create a directory:
cd /magellan/scratch => mkdir [your login name] (i.e. mkdir jsomeone)
- Now go back to your project folder: cd home will get you back to your main directory go to the project folder (like you are about to run cadence)
- Now delete your Sim folder, rm -R Sim will delete the whole directory (if you want to keep these files copy them to your scratch folder or some place else)
- Now run this command to create your symbolic link ln -s /magellan/scratch/[you login name] Sim
- If you type ls you should see Sim@ the @ indicates that it is a symbolic link. If you run cd Sim it should move you to /magellan/scratch/[your login name]