Undergraduate Optics Lab
3 Credit Hours.
Lecture: 5:00-5:50 pm Monday, ECEE 265
Labs: 2:00 - 5:30 pm, T/W/Th ECEE 105
Asst. Professor: Robert McLeod
Dept. of Electrical and Computer Engineering
The lab will introduce the practical and hands-on applications of photonics.
1. Hands-on techniques for laser and optical systems
2. Imaging, microscopy and optical image processing
3. Intererometry and diffraction for metrology
4. Important optoelectronic components such as laser diodes, LEDs and photodiodes
5. Circuit design for optoelectronic systems
6. Optical communications systems
Prerequisites: ECEN 3400.
Recommended Co-req: ECEN 4616