Semi-Autonomous Operations Concept
- Expensive continuous control and monitoring
- Latency and bandwidth limitations complicate coordination and synchronization
Full Autonomy (“Zero Uplink”)
- Local monitoring and control simplifies coordination and synchronization, but ...
- Full autonomy difficult in “challenging environments”
Supervisory Control (Multi-Agent System)
- Distribution of monitoring and control between ground-segment operators, ground agent automation, and on-board agent automation