Selected chapters and sections will be covered from the textbook listed below. The textbook is available on-line from computers on the colorado.edu network. Off-campus students registered for the class can access the on-line textbooks using VPN. You are not required to purchase hard copies of the textbook.
- R.W.Erickson, D.Maksimovic, Fundamentals of Power Electronics, 2nd edition, Springer, ISBN: 0-7923-7270-0. online access from computers on the colorado.edu network
MATLAB/Simulink is required. The student version is sufficient.
Supplementary on-line materials
- Toyota Prius Power Split Device animation
- The Electropaedia, a site on battery and energy technologies
- Mehrdad Ehsani, Yimin Gao, Sebastien E .Gay, and Ali Emadi, Modern Electric, Hybrid Electric, and Fuel Cell Vehicles, CRC Press 2004. online access from computers on the colorado.edu network.
- Evaluation of the 2004 Toyota Prius Hybrid Electric Drive System, Oak Ridge National Lab 2006 report
- Evaluation of the 2010 Toyota Prius Hybrid Electric Drive System, Oak Ridge National Lab 2011 report
- Davide Andrea, Battery Management Systems for Large Lithium-Ion Battery Packs, Artech House, 2010.
- C.Mi, M.A.Masrur, D.W.Gao, Hybrid Electric Vehicles, Wiley 2011.